Thursday, July 15, 2010

Argh, Matey!

Adam loves pirates! So, when he was invited to join his friend Xander at a Pirate camp, he was so excited! A new Little Gym arrived in our neighborhood several months ago, and we had been meaning to give it a try, and this was the perfect chance. Every day this past week, Adam and Xander have spent the afternoons learning pirate songs, making pirate things (hat, hook, telescope, boat), and finding pirate treasure. I was so excited to hear about all the fun things they did each day when I picked him up. It was great fun, and Adam has been walking around singing "Yo, ho, Yo, ho, a pirate's life for me" and "When I was young, I had some fun, the day I went to sea! I jumped on board a pirate ship, and the captain said to me; o we go this way, that way, port side, star board, over the deep blue sea!"
Here's my cute pirate!
One funny thing - the last day of pirate camp, Adam was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, and he leaned over too far, fell off the stool and banged his head on the counter. It bled pretty good, and he got a pretty nasty bruise. Now, anytime someone asks Adam what happend to his head he starts telling the story by saying, "I was going to pirate camp..." and then says something about falling down in the bathroom. It's hilarious!

No comments: