Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
I woke up Monday morning at about 5am to contractions. They weren't very regular or close together, but they were strong. Scott and I called Grandma Conrad, who came to pick up Adam, and we settled in to wait and see what would happen. By 1:00, I was ready to be done, and called the doctor. We went in to see him, but unfortunately, the contractions weren't doing anything productive, so they sent us home with instructions to take a bath, or go for a walk. We went home, and I took a bath, which basically brought my contractions to a stop.
I had talked to my acupunturist earlier that day, and decided to go in for a treatment, to see if she could help my labor progress. I had an appointment at 5:00, and by the time we left and went to walk around the mall at 6:00, the contractions were back. They quickly progressed to being 3 to 5 minutes apart, at which point we decided to call the hospital. They told us to come in. We got to the hospital at about 8:30, went thru triage, where my contractions continued to get stronger and they decided to admit us. Once we were settled in the room, the doctor came in and broke my water, which just made everything go even faster. By the time I was ready for an epidural, the anasthesiologist was walking into a C-section. We hoped he would be out in time, but I guess I wasn't that lucky. By 10:30 I was ready to push, and Jackson was born at 10:49pm. It was an amazing experience! He is a perfect little boy! He looks just like his older brother did when he was born!
Here is Adam meeting his baby brother for the first time:
Jackson and mom are just hanging out getting to know eachother.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Here is Adam with all of his transformers lined up on the couch. In this picture, they are cars.
In this picture, they are robots.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Scott and I decided to go all out this year, and had a little party for him at his most favorite place in the whole-wide world! Jump Planet! We invited a few friends and had a great time on Saturday. Unfortunately, most of the pictures turned out too dark, and it's hard to see who is in them. Scott did get this great one of Adam running around the corner.
All the kids had a great time - and I think they probably all went home afterwards and took a nap! Thanks to everyone who came to help us celebrate - and for the fun presents! We are lucky to have wonderful friends!!
The next day was Adam's actual birthday. Grandma Conrad, and Daris and Rachael joined us for another celebration. The weather was beautiful, so Scott grilled some hotdogs and hamburgers, and then Adam opened up another round of presents. Do you think he looks excited?
- I adore listening to you laugh! You have the best laugh around and it comes so easily!
- I love watching you play with your dad! You love him so much and can't wait for him to get home everyday! He can make you laugh better than anyone else!
- Although you love your dad - you idolize your Uncle Brian. Somehow he has taught you everything you know, and he is the coolest person ever!
- I love laying in bed with you at night, after reading a story and singing songs with you. Your current favorites are "The Wheels on the Bus" (although your bus has very strange occupants - likes pigs, cars and robots), "You've Had a Birthday", "If You're Happy and you Know It", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", and "My Eternal Family" (or the builders song, as you like to call it!)
- Everytime someone wished you a Happy Birthday, you would say "Happy Birthday to you" right back to them! I guess we didn't talk about how you respond to that one!
- For some reason, you have started to gesture very big with your hands when you have something important to say. I love to watch you talk about things that are important to you. ("That's what robots do - they change from cars to robots, all day!!")
There are so many more things I could write about my precious Adam. I hope he knows how much he is loved. We went for a walk last night, and Scott and I were talking about Adam and what our life was like before he was born. Scott mentioned that he was happy before we had kids, but he could never have imagined how much happier adding a child to our life could make him. Adam is the light of our lives, and I am so happy he joined our family 4 years ago!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
My dad's brother, Byron also came up. Adam had fun playing with Byron, and kept getting confused and calling him Uncle Brian. It was pretty funny!
The first 6 innings were pretty boring. After the Mariners loaded the bases in the 1st, and then didn't score - everything went 3 up and 3 down. But, the Mariners started making it exciting in the 6th. Adam got into it and started adding his voice to the cheering crowds!!