Scott and I decided to go all out this year, and had a little party for him at his most favorite place in the whole-wide world! Jump Planet! We invited a few friends and had a great time on Saturday. Unfortunately, most of the pictures turned out too dark, and it's hard to see who is in them. Scott did get this great one of Adam running around the corner.
All the kids had a great time - and I think they probably all went home afterwards and took a nap! Thanks to everyone who came to help us celebrate - and for the fun presents! We are lucky to have wonderful friends!!
The next day was Adam's actual birthday. Grandma Conrad, and Daris and Rachael joined us for another celebration. The weather was beautiful, so Scott grilled some hotdogs and hamburgers, and then Adam opened up another round of presents. Do you think he looks excited?
- I adore listening to you laugh! You have the best laugh around and it comes so easily!
- I love watching you play with your dad! You love him so much and can't wait for him to get home everyday! He can make you laugh better than anyone else!
- Although you love your dad - you idolize your Uncle Brian. Somehow he has taught you everything you know, and he is the coolest person ever!
- I love laying in bed with you at night, after reading a story and singing songs with you. Your current favorites are "The Wheels on the Bus" (although your bus has very strange occupants - likes pigs, cars and robots), "You've Had a Birthday", "If You're Happy and you Know It", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", and "My Eternal Family" (or the builders song, as you like to call it!)
- Everytime someone wished you a Happy Birthday, you would say "Happy Birthday to you" right back to them! I guess we didn't talk about how you respond to that one!
- For some reason, you have started to gesture very big with your hands when you have something important to say. I love to watch you talk about things that are important to you. ("That's what robots do - they change from cars to robots, all day!!")
There are so many more things I could write about my precious Adam. I hope he knows how much he is loved. We went for a walk last night, and Scott and I were talking about Adam and what our life was like before he was born. Scott mentioned that he was happy before we had kids, but he could never have imagined how much happier adding a child to our life could make him. Adam is the light of our lives, and I am so happy he joined our family 4 years ago!