Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Advent

This was one of the favorite Christmas traditions growing up. A few years ago, I made an advent box like this for Scott's sister's family and my brother's family. Ever since, I've been looking for a similar box to make one for our family, and haven't been able to find one. Well, this year, my mom passed the one we used growing up down to us. Adam had so much fun! There are 24 slots and in each slot is a present. So, to count down to Christmas, you open a present every day starting December 1st. Growing up, I remember counting each present to figure out which ones I got to open! Adam is one lucky kid, because he got to open a present every day. It was fun to continue a tradition from childhood with my own kids this year! Thanks mom!!

No comments: