Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Days

Well, it continues to snow around here.  We've had snow on the ground since Saturday.  Pretty crazy for Washington!  I love this picture of the boys sitting at the window watching it snow.  This was taken Sunday morning.
 Adam, Kate and I ventured out to church that afternoon. Scott stayed home because he was still feeling a little iffy and Jackson stayed to get a nap since church is right during his nap time. Since Sunday, we have continued to get snow every day!
Monday, Scott was home in the morning, and we mostly hung out at home.  Adam and I went grocery shopping in between snow flurries. 
Tuesday, Scott had to work all day.  It snowed pretty hard all morning.  By afternoon, the boys and I were ready to get out of the house.  So, we ventured out to a friends house where the boys played outside for a bit, and I got to visit with a good friend.  It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.
Today, it has snowed and snowed. It's supposed to be the worst day of snow.  We probably have over a foot of snow outside!  Last night, Scott took Adam sledding when he got home from work, and now, that's all Adam can talk about.  Real sledding.  He begged all morning to get to go.  So, I called our neighbor and asked if she would mind watching Kate for an hour or so.  She was happy too, so the boys and I bundled up and walked down to Logan Park.  We had so much fun!  Here are some pictures...



 Jackson wasn't sure about it at first, so he went down with Adam.  After that, you couldn't stop him!  He wanted to go all by himself - and it was a pretty good hill!  I did convince him to go down with me a couple of times!  He just laughed all the way down!
 Adam found a couple of school buddies were sledding too - and his school teacher, Mrs. Dumo was there with her kids.  That was a fun surprise!
 After sledding for about an hour, we made the trek up the hill.  And it is quite the trek!  I got more excercise today than I have since getting pregnant with Kate!  Here's Jackson at the top of the hill.  Don't let him fool you though...
 He was like this the entire way up that hill.  At least he was on the sled.  He enjoyed the ride up, and I got a little (or a lot) of weight resistance for my workout!!
It ended up being a fun afternoon! This was the first snow for school - so, there will be at least one day to make up at the end of the year.  We'll see how the rest of the week goes...

1 comment:

Sarah Ragatz said...

What a nice mom to take your boys out sledding in that cold weather! I hope someday I'll be that nice to my kids too...