Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Train

We took Adam on the Santa Train two years ago.  It was a great trip for him because he decided on that trip that Santa was actually an ok guy.   We thought about going last year, but after having a baby, I totally missed the sale date for tickets.  I actually remembered this year, and Scott and I decided to do a special date with just Adam.  When I told him that it was just him and mom and dad, he was very concerned that Jackson wasn't coming with us.  I assured him that Jackson would get to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa.  When the day came, I was sure glad that Jackson wasn't with us.  It was super rainy, and windy up in North Bend, and I WAS COLD!  I guess the cold made it more authentic for Adam - he was so excited to go to the North Pole where Santa lives!
Here we are sitting on the train (which is not heated, so being on the train didn't help too much with the cold, although we were sheltered from the wind) and then waiting in line to see Santa.
Two years ago, Adam wouldn't get close to Santa.  This time, he brought a bakugon to show Santa, and he wouldn't stop talking.  I love the third picture in this series!  He talked Santa's ear off!
We took the last train, which meant that Santa rode back to North Bend with us.  Here Adam is trying to catch a glimpse of the guy.
 So happy when he finally made it down the row to him!
 And then one last hug before we headed home.
What a difference a couple of years can make!

No comments: