Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cleaning up the garden

We had a nice sunny Saturday afternoon, and an extremely over grown garden.  It was the perfect afternoon to start the fall clean up of the garden.  I pulled out all the weeds, the dead peas that didn't produce anything, picked a big bowl full of green beans, pulled up 4 beautiful (and yummy) carrots, filled up two bowls of cherry tomatoes and pulled out the very over grown plants.  I decided to leave the zuchinni plant because there were several big blossoms.  I left the bean plants and the purple kale as well, hoping that we'll get a few more beans.  It was nice to have most everything cleaned out and ready for the winter.
Jackson was very helpful!
 I also cleaned out the last of the berries.  I picked a bowl full of blueberries and raspberries.  Jackson was helpful in eating all of the berries that I picked.  Well - he ate a lot of them, but he also ended up wearing a lot of them as well. 

It was a great way to spend a sunny September Saturday!

No comments: