Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Jackson's language!

Jackson has his own little language - and it's just so darn cute, I can't correct him.  I thought I should record a little dictionary to remember it all:
Drinky:  Jackson's word for thirsty.  As in - "I need a drink - I'm really drinky."
Last Night: When everything happened - even if it happended three weeks or three months ago.  As in - "AJ came to our house last night" or "Adam played basketball at that place last night"
Lipchap: Jackson's word for chapstick.
Escagator: You know - those moving stairs at the mall?  And this is how Jackson chooses to ride up and down the escagator.  He has to sit on the step...
Elegator: The thing you ride in with doors and buttons when their isn't a escagator, or Kate is in a stroller.
This isn't a word that he says, but I had to record this as well.  One Sunday, Adam and Jackson went to church with my parents.  My dad had picked Jackson up from his class, and they were waiting for grandma outside the relief society room.  There were several other men waiting there, and apparently there is a man in their ward who is pretty short.  My dad said that Jackson walked over to him, looked him up and down and said "your not that big", turned around and walked away.  Everyone in the hall got a good laugh!
Jackson sure does keep us laughing around here.  He's got his own crazy personality, and his own way of doing just about anything.  I love spending my days with him!  We've been talking a little bit about preschool, and he has decided he can't go to preschool, because he mom won't be there.  We'll keep working on it!
We've also been working on controlling ourselves!  Jackson has a little temper, and most of the time - it gets the better of him.  We were watching this cute show on PBS called "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood".  They learn about something new every day (it's the tiger puppet from Mister Rogers Neighborhood - its super cute).  One day, they talked about what to do when you get mad!  Daniel Tiger's mom taught him a song, and Jackson's been singing it ever since.  It's cute to hear him sing it.  It goes like this:  "When you feel so mad, that you want to roar, take a deep breath, and count to 4".  It doesn't always work, but when he remembers, it cute to see him do it and learn to control himself that way.  He's really growing up fast!  I'm kind of glad he doesn't want to go to preschool.  I would miss him too!

1 comment:

Sarah Ragatz said...

Adorable, cute, and funny! My favorite is "drinky."