Saturday, June 25, 2011

Daddy's Birthday

June is almost over.  I've mentioned Scott's birthday in previous posts, but should probably finish with all we did that day.  Adam was so excited to make him a happy birthday banner.  He spent quite a lot of time drawing birthday robots and robot presents.

 We don't have a lot of wall space, so the only place we could find to hang the lovely banner was over the sliding glass door.  As a matter of fact, it is still hanging up as I type this...
 We had a fun BBQ for dinner and enjoyed being outside.  Then Scott opened a few additional presents (including, of course, a new Dallas Cowboys jersey!) 
 Then the boys helped him blow out the candles on his ice cream cake.  I let Adam pick out the candles at the store where we bought the cake.  I should have paid more attention - I thought they spelled out "Happy Birthday" but when I opened them I realized they spelled out "Happy Retirement".  Oh well!  It was a Happy day regardless of what the candles said!
We sure love our Daddy!  He works so hard for our family, and loves to play with his boys!  No matter how tired or worn out he is from work (and from getting up at 4:00 every morning to workout), he will always go on a bike ride with Adam, and then spend hours chasing both boys around the house before bedtime.  I am so greatful for the man I married, and adore him more and more every day!
HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!

No comments: