Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kindergarten Open House

There was an open house at Adam's school this past week.  Adam was so excited to give me a tour of his classroom.  His teacher told me they had been practicing giving tours, and cleaning up the classroom to get ready for their parents to come.  Scott wasn't able to come, so Adam asked me to take a coupld of pictures of his art work.  These are cute umbrella guys they made, and then they wrote a poem about it raining.  Adam's poem said:  "Rain on the orange bear.  Rain on the pink pig.  Rain on the blue car. But not on me!"
 They've been talking about the weather in Adam's class.  They read a poem about March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb, and made these cute lions and lambs.  We found Adam's lion, but couldn't find his lamb.  (I know Adam looks a bit creepy in the picture - he didn't want to smile and only wanted me to take one picture!)
I'm happy that Adam is still liking school.  I enjoy volunteering on Wednesday mornings and helping with writing.  Adam has written several books, that we got to see at the open house, he even wrote one about Jesus.  I need to take pictures of it and post it here so we remember.  He's learning so much and really having a lot of fun.  His goal every day is to get on the WOW list - which means he's doing what his teacher asks without having to be reminded.  I'm so proud of him and his desire to do what he knows is right!

1 comment:

Sarah Ragatz said...

He looks more than "a bit" creepy. I'd venture to say "really" creepy.