Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Adam had two days of school during the week of Thanksgiving.  On Tuesday, his class had a "Heritage Potluck".  They had been learning about families and their heritage during the month of November, so to cap it all off, each child got to invite their parents to come have lunch at the school.  Each family was to bring a food item to share from the country of their heritage.  Needless to say, with a 4 day old baby, I wasn't being too creative, so Scott and I decided to bring Fish and Chips from England, because we both thought that we had relatives from England.  It was nice that my sister was here.  We left Kate with Tiff for an hour and brought Jackson with us.  It was so fun to see Adam in the classroom.  The kids made these darling turkey hats, and sang a couple of songs.  Scott video taped the songs, but I haven't been able to get them to upload to the blog.  I'll keep trying.  Here's a picture of Adam in his hat singing with his class.

For Thanksgiving, we went to my parents house again this year.  We, of course, went sporting our Dallas Cowboys gear!  Here we are (we forgot the camera, so the pics are all from my iPhone, some are a little blurry)
I made sure Kate was well prepared for Thanksgiving with a cute pink Cowboys onsies, and even some hair bows that say Dallas Cowboys.  Her dad was impressed!

We enjoyed spending time with family, and watching some football.  I love this picture of Jackson and Scott bonding. 
I have so much to be greatful for this year!  Happy Thankgiving everyone!

No comments: