Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pink...

There hasn't been a lot of pink stuff around our house until recently.  It's been kind of fun to go through baby clothes and blankets that are girly!  A few weeks back, my mom gave me a bunch of stuff that she had saved from when I was a baby - a couple of dressed, two blankets and the dress that I was blessed in (I'm excited to share that on here in a little bit)
This is one of the blankets that she passed on to me.  I love the pink and orange and blue animals.
 Adam wanted to help hold the blanket up too...
 This blanket was sent to baby girl by my Grandma Couch.  Isn't it beautiful!! 
 She has made a blanket for each of her grandchildren as they've gotten married or moved out of their parents home, and then for each of her great grandchildren as they've been born.  And let me tell ya - this is no small feat.  My mom is one of 8 kids.  I am one of 37 grandchildren, and my best guess at great grandchildren would be at least 55.   
Here's a close up of the HAND STITCHING that she did...

1 comment:

The Conrad Family said...

Oh I love those blankets Grandma makes. I also love seeing all that pink at your house! Can't wait until that sweet little girl gets here!