Thursday, December 26, 2013

I think I'm on the naughty list...

I know I have been a terrible blogger lately, but I have a good excuse.  My laptop has been dying a slow death, and every time I do anything on it, it takes about 10 minutes to open stuff, and internet explorers shuts down, and I get frustrated and want to throw it out the window.  Scott has recently gifted me his old work laptop, but it's an apple, so I have to learn how to use it, but I plan to start blogging again, and to update the past year on this little old blog of mine.  It's an overwhelming project, but needs to be done - for posterity!

Anyway - I need to blog about two things that happened over Christmas, before it's all fallen out of my head.  I'm attempting this on my iPad, which means there's no pictures, and probably lots of typos, - but here goes...

First - Tiff is here to spend Christmas, and we LOVE it!  It's so fun to have her here!  We picked her up at my parents house on Christmas Eve.  We enjoyed a lovely dinner with my parents, and Hyrum who is here from Colorado, and then read the Christmas story from the Bible, talked about the different pieces of the he nativity, opened some new Christmas pjs, bathed and dressed the kiddos, and headed home.  At home, the boys put out cookies and milk for Santa, water and carrots for the reindeer, and went right to bed, after checking on Santa's whereabouts on dad's phone.  They were so quick to get into bed, and we didn't hear a peep.  That's when Tiff informed Scott and I off the conversation she overheard In the car on the way home.  She said Jackson leaned over to Adam,and whispered "I think I'm on the naughty list!" To which Adam replied "well, you never really know."  And then Adam informed Jackson "I don't think AJ (our elf) is real.  I noticed a tag on his back the other day."  I'm not sure if Jackson had response to that or not.

Well, Christmas morning, Adam was up before Jackson, and he came and climbed into bed with Scott and I.  So we decided to ask him about AJ not being real.  I loved Adam's answer.  He said "I think what happens is that a mom or dad that want an elf for their family, go to the store and buy the elf.  Then, if the kids have been good, Santa makes a special trip and sprinkles the elf with his Christmas magic, so he comes alive just for that family."   I'm not sure how much  longer Adam will believe in Christmas magic or Santa, but I love his innocence and trust.  

Merry Christmas everyone!  

No comments: