Friday, October 12, 2012

Hilltop Fun Run

Every year at Adam's school, they do a fun run to raise money for the PTSA.  I went to help during the time that Adam's class was running!  It was fun!  The day was stormy and cold - but luckily, it didn't rain the hour that I was there!  It sure was cold though! 
The school doesn't have a track or anything, but there is a huge field in the back.  So they measure out a track and take 5 or 6 classes at a time.  Each class has a station and as the kids run around the track, they get a bracelet from the helpers at their station.  That's how they keep track of the number of laps they've run.  Each lap is 1/8th of a mile.  Adam was so excited to run!  Here are a few pictures of him!  The gal in the pink sweatshirt at the edge of this picture is his teacher!

 Adam ended up running 19 laps in half an hour!  So he ran a little over 2 and 1/4 miles!  He was pretty proud of himself!
I took Jackson with me (my friend called me and convinced me it was to cold take Kate so she graciously watched her for me).  We even ran 4 or 5 laps with Adam, so Jackson got some bracelets too! 


No comments: